Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Blackboard FAQ: Banner
In order to upload a banner into a Blackboard course, the faculty member needs to have a properly-sized banner created. Banners should be no larger than 1000 x 150 pixels; larger banners take up too much of the space on a page. Banners must be created and sized outside Blackboard and should be uploaded as a .gif or .jpg file.
To add a banner:
- Go to the Control Panel and click Customization, then select Teaching Style
- In the adjacent window, scroll down to Section No. 7, Select Banner
- Click the "Browse My Computer" button and select the banner image that is stored on the computer
- Click Submit
Some useful websites that will help you create banners easily are:
Blackboard will accept a variety web-friendly image formats. It is recommended to use banner image files in either .jpg or .gif format.
I used Macromedia Fireworks to create a banner for my course? What do I need to do to save my image in a format that I can upload as a banner into Blackboard?
After you've created your banner, the final step prior to loading it into Blackboard is to export your banner to a web-friendly image format like .jpg or .gif. To do this, within Fireworks simply click "FILE then click EXPORT WIZARD" and follow the step-by-step instructions to exporting your image. You can then upload your banner to your course.
I'm looking for a free graphic editing software that I can use to create a banner. Do you have any recommendations?
It is true than any software that allows for cropping and exporting of graphics can be used to create a banner for use in Blackboard. You need not spend a lot of money to purchase a high-end editing package. One free software worth downloading and trying is Serif Photo Plus 6.0 available as a free download from http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus.
When I had the course cartridge installed in Blackboard it put a huge picture of the text, the name of the text and the names of the authors over my announcements section. How do I remove it?
Go to CONTROL PANEL and click COURSE DESIGN then click COURSE BANNER. Click the box next to "Remove this banner" Finally, click "Submit" and then "OK."
Last Updated: 04/26/2016
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags