B.A. Anthropology, 2010, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Q. Where is your study area located? St. John,USVI
Q. What is your focus of research? Indigenous Metallurgy in the Caribbean
Q. Why did you choose NIU? I chose NIU because of the excellent Anthropology department that came highly recommended by my former colleagues.
Q. Who is your advisor? Why did you choose to work with this professor? Dr. Mehrer because of our shared interests in Archaeology and Cultural Resource Management.
Q. What advice would you like to share with incoming students? Apply for Internships!! I was able to land my first archaeology job through an internship. Most CRM companies are not willing to hire field technicians without experience and they are the best way to get your foot in the door.
- 2014 - Cotton Cay, Turks and Caicos Islands - CC2 Archaeological Investigations (Turks and Caicos National Museum) - Field and Lab Technician
- 2014 - St. John, USVI - Rustenberg North Prehistoric Archaeological Investigations (National Park Service) - Field and Lab Technician
- 2014 - Beloit College Field School - ANTH 275: Public Archaeology in the U.S. Virgin Islands (Beloit College) - Teaching Assistant
- 2012 Midwest Archaeological Conference (Illinois State Survey) - Brewing, Ethnicity and Social Change: Preliminary Investigations into 19th Century Brewery Complexes in Galena, IL (Co-Author Mark Branstner)
- 2011 Three Rivers Archaeological Society and Beloit College (National Park Service) - Petroglyphs to Plantations: The ARchaeology of St. John (Co-Author Dave Simpson)
- 2011 Midwest Archaeological Conference (Illinois State Archaeology Survey) Get a Grip on it: Coffin and Casket Handles from the Nineteenth Century Illinois City Cemetery, East St. Louis, Illinois (Co-Author Mark Branstner)
Department of Anthropology
Grant Tower South - A- Room 407
Class MW 11:00 - 11:50 a.m. (FR 144)
Labs Anth 102 (All labs in SS 175)
M 1:00 - 1:50pm, W 1:00 - 1:50 pm, W 3:30 - 4:20pm F 11:00 - 11:50 am F 1:00 - 1:50 pm
Office Hours: Grant South Room 407
TH 1:00 - 4:00pm