Could you use some cash for college? If you have a 3.5 GPA and are active within the university and community, we may be able to help you out.
For more than 50 years, the Alumni Association has provided financial assistance to thousands of students. This academic year, the NIU Alumni Association awarded more than $62,000 in scholarships to continuing college students. Don't let this money pass you by.
FOR CURRENT COLLEGE STUDENTS
The NIU Alumni Association offers $2,500 merit scholarships available to continuing college students who are enrolled full-time at NIU for both the fall and spring semesters ($1250 each semester). Each applicant is eligible only to receive one Alumni Association scholarship per academic year.
- Student must be currently enrolled, transfer, or re-entering undergraduate student with some college coursework completed.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA from all colleges attended.
- Enrolled full-time at NIU (12 semester hours) for both the fall and spring semesters.
- Completed application with all supporting documentation must be returned to the NIU Alumni Association, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- All applications must be received by Wednesday, February 1, 2012
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- One page, typed letter from applicant describing outstanding qualities, educational goals, and academic and personal accomplishments.
- One page, typed professional recommendation (i.e., a letter from a faculty member or an employer) that expounds on the individual's talents and accomplishments. Only one professional recommendation will be considered.
- Unofficial transcripts documenting college coursework. An unofficial transcript is required from each college attended. An Official transcript will be required if recipient is selected for the scholarship.
Download the 2012-2013 Scholarship Application