Visiting campus is the best way to learn about life and learning at NIU. We encourage you to experience our campus in the way you most prefer. If you’d like to meet with university staff in your intended major, please contact us at least 10 days prior to your scheduled visit.
- Schedule a daily visit – consisting of a one hour general admissions presentation and a one hour walking tour of campus.
- Schedule an agenda visit – meet personally with college staff specific to your interests. This is a great way to get specific information on your intended major. Please schedule your visit at least 10 days prior to your desired visit.
- Schedule a large group tour – Experience the campus with a group of 10 or more (high school classes, social groups, etc.).
- Attend an Open House – Join hundreds of other future Huskies for a more in-depth look at campus. Featuring presentations on financial aid and scholarships, choosing a major, and housing and dining, to name a few. The Academic and Campus Resource Fair and campus tours help you get to know NIU and what we have to offer. Our open houses give you the opportunity to meet NIU administrators and get answers to any questions you may have.
- Transfer students may also take advantage of our “Transfers Get Information Fridays” TGIF events. This weekly event features meetings with an admissions counselor, a transfer-specific admissions presentation and a tour of campus. TGIF presentations begin weekly at 11:30 a.m.
- Just stop in – Our Admissions office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
November Open House
November 14, 2015
Office of Admissions
DeKalb, IL 60115