How-To Use Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
Thank you for applying to NIU. The next step is to get us your ACT (or SAT) score and high school transcript information. You have two options. One is to use our self-reported tool! The other is to go to your high school counselor and request your high school transcript and ACT score be sent to us.
Here are the steps to use the SRAR tool:
- Get your high school classes and grades (you can use an unofficial transcript, an online transcript, or your report cards)
- Get your Z-ID from NIU (if you haven’t already used it). Go to http://its.niu.edu/its/email/student/index.shtml to lookup your information.
- Then go to https://www.selfreportedtranscript.com/niu to enter your transcript information. This process should take 20 minutes to complete.
When we receive your SRAR, we will review your application and get a decision out to you as quickly as possible (usually within one week).
All offers of admission are conditional. Students using SRAR and choosing to enroll at NIU will be required to request that their high school submit an official transcript including all courses, final grades, and confirmation of graduation on or before July 15. The official transcript must match the SRAR.
Thank you for using this new process.
A few pointers for entering your SRAR:
- When you are entering your high school information, the dates of attendance are from when you started to when you will graduate.
- When entering your class information
- Select the subject (choose Other if appropriate).
- Select the Generic Course Title that is the closest (choose Other if appropriate).
- Enter the course name as it is at your school at the Course Name field.
- For Course Level choose Regular for regular courses, Honors for honors courses, and so on
- If the class is a full year in length and you received the same grade both semesters, enter Full Year. If you received a different grade Fall and Spring, then select Semester Long and put the different grade for first half and second half.
- Enter the classes you are taking this year, even though you don’t have your grades yet. When asked to enter grades for these courses choose In Progress.
- When you enter your ACT or SAT score, remember to include all of the test components (ACT composite, Math, Reading, Science Reasoning, and Writing)
If you have any questions, please call the NIU Admissions office at 800-892-3050.