The Association for Black Culture Centers (ABCC) is the only national organization whose primary focuses are African American, Latino, Asian American and Native American centers, as well as multiculture centers and related offices. These last three ethnic groups have historical and contemporary connections with African-descended people.
The ABCC is an organization that seeks to celebrate, promote and critically examine the cultures (ways of life) of the ethnic groups above. We aim to institutionalize those centers, including multiculture centers, to enhance individual, community and global development. The ABCC believes increased understanding of history and culture of each ethnic group will lead to authentic integration on campus and in the community.
The ABCC collaborates with the Center for Black Studies, Latino Resource Center, Asian American Center, as well as the other university units at NIU. As places of research, history and culture, the centers at NIU and campuses across the country welcome all faculty, staff, students and community members.
Since 1988, the ABCC has offered its member centers professional development workshops, networking opportunities, support for solid programming, and an annual conference to share ideas on how centers can enhance individual, community and global development.
Join the ABCC Email List
Stay in touch with the ABCC! Sign up to receive emails about our national conference and networking opportunities with culture centers across the country.
- American Association of Blacks in Higher Education (AABHE)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- African Heritage Studies Association (AHSA)
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH)
- John D. O'Bryant National Think Tank (JDOTT)
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE)
- Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- National Council for Black Studies (NCBS)
Effective Synergy Among Culture Centers Webinar
Sponsored by the Association for Black Culture Centers
Hosted by NASPA
Culture Centers: Theory and Practice
Kuumba Programming Series
Contact UsAssociation for Black Culture Centers
310 Altgeld Hall
DeKalb, IL 60115