General Procedures to Schedule Your Visit
- Invitations: Asian American Center sends invitation to high schools and community colleges.
- Requests: Schools can submit school visit requests by fax or online. All requests MUST be received at least 3 weeks in advance of the requested visit.
- First-come, first-served: The Asian American Center schedules school visit requests on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Schedule: Visits are scheduled on weekdays when regular NIU classes are in session.
- Presentations: The Asian American Center staff collaborates with other departments to coordinate speaker presentations, student panels, and campus tours.
- Lunch: Lunch can be arranged in the Holmes Student Center's Blackhawk Cafeteria where a Black Plate Special is offered. Individual food items such as sandwiches, desserts, and drinks can also be purchased. Subway Restaurant is also available in the Holmes Student Center.
- Transportation: High schools are asked to arrange transportation to and from NIU (Directions and Map).
- Parking: Parking is available in the Visitor Parking Lot for $5.00 per day (Google Map for Visitor Parking).
- PLEASE NOTE: School Visits will not be scheduled during NIU Open House Events, Weekends, Final Examinations, or during Administrative Closures (see NIU Open House Dates & Academic Calendar).