Buying a Permit
- University-issued parking permits may not be loaned, traded, or sold by the person(s) to whom they have been issued.
- Persons displaying a permit that is registered to someone else may have the permit revoked, receive parking tickets and/or have parking privileges denied.
Purchase a Permit Online
- Avoid standing in line and save $10. Students and Faculty/Staff may purchase their parking permit online at no additional cost, and we will mail it to you.
- Campus Parking Services accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or by charging your Bursar account (for students) and payroll deduction (for faculty/staff).
- Please allow additional time for your permit to be processed and mailed so you are prepared for parking on your first day on campus.
Purchase a Permit by Mail
Complete the appropriate Permit Registration Form. Mail the form with a check to:
NIU Campus Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
The permit will be processed within three business days of receiving the order.
Purchase a Permit in Person
- Students and faculty-staff may choose to purchase a permit in person at our office for an additional $10. There is not a $10 upcharge for retiree or visitor permits.
- Campus Parking Services is located on the corner of Lincoln Terrace and Normal Road.
- Regular office hours are 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified.
- Campus Parking Services accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Huskie Bucks (provided the funds are not financial aid) or by billing the permit to your Bursar account (for students) and payroll deduction (for faculty/staff).
121 Normal Road
7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.