Quick Navigation


Report Lost/Stolen OneCard ID

If your NIU OneCard ID is lost or stolen, it should be suspended immediately to prevent any possible misuse. A OneCard ID may be suspended by the following methods:

  • Online: Suspend your OneCard ID on Blackboard. View the Suspend My OneCard page.
  • Call: Call the OneCard ID Services Office at (815) 753-9569 during regular business hours and we will suspend your card.
  • Contact the NIU Police: Call NIU Police at (815) 753-1212 during OneCard ID Services non-business hours.

Note: If you had TCF Bank/ATM privileges attached to your OneCard ID, you will need to contact TCF Bank at (815) 753-9363 to have that card function suspended.

To re-instate a suspended OneCard ID, you must bring it in to the OneCard ID Services Office, or you may do so online. A OneCard ID cannot be reactivated over the phone for security purposes. There is no charge to reinstate a recovered OneCard ID, but there is a $25.00 charge to replace a lost/stolen card.

Residence Hall Students have the option of getting a Temporary Card from Housing and Dining (these are issued at the dining offices at the Residence Halls). When assigned, this Temporary Card suspends your lost OneCard ID so that it cannot be misused, and then it will access your Huskie Bucks or Meal Plan.

Note: If you are a Residence Hall student, the front desk of your dorm is able to issue a Temporary Access Card for Door Access use. This card is in no way connected to any other account or function used with your OneCard ID.

There is no charge for a Temporary Card, but it must be returned before a recovered OneCard ID can be re-instated or a new one is purchased for $25.00. There is a $10.00 fee for Temporary Cards that are not returned.