Programs & Services
ITO’s programs emphasize active learning methodologies to maximize learner participation. Participatory processes are built into the training design and implemented through a learner-centered training approach.
LAHES – NIU Executive Diploma in Leadership
The LAHES – NIU Executive Diploma in Leadership is a joint program of Northern Illinois University (NIU) – International Training Office (ITO) & LAUGFS Higher Education Services (LAHES).
Philippine Youth Leadership Program
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs U. S. Department of State through the Northern Illinois University (DeKalb, U.S.A,) in partnership with the FILIPINO FOUNDATION, INC. will conduct the 11th Philippine Youth Leadership Program: Environmental Leadership in the Philippines: Developing Youth as Agents of Change and Ecological Activism
A four-week U.S.-based exchange program on responsible citizenship, community service leadership and action plan development from April 12-May 10, 2014
This program is open to 24 Lumad, Moro and Christian third year high school or first year college students, aged 15-17 (must be at least 15 and no older than 17 by April 12, 2014); and to four adult leaders (must be no older than 35 by April 12, 2014) from the ARMM and surrounding provinces. Participants will attend programs on: civic responsibility; community engagement; environmental advocacy and activism; volunteerism and service learning; leadership development and transformation; diversity, tolerance and conflict management and; action plan development. The program will take place in the DeKalb, Chicago area, and in Washington, D.C.
- Designs high-impact, innovative, responsive, and flexible programs that are tailored to clients’ professional needs.
- Draws upon the expertise of faculty resources for on-site field training programs.
- Facilitates in-country consultation services for client organizations worldwide.
- Provides opportunities for exchanging ideas and networking with peer professionals from around the world.
- Provides a dynamic learning environment with a college town atmosphere.
- Offers a safe, comfortable and cost-effective living accommodation for training participants.
- Proximity to Chicago allows access to the diverse resources of business, nonprofit organizations, and governmental agencies.