Living Learning Community Options
As you are going through the CA/CDA selection process, consider applying to be a CA in a Living Learning Community (LLC)! Overviews of NIU’s LLCs are listed below. Check out the LLC website for more information.
*Please note these communities will be new for the 2015-2016 academic year and information will soon be uploaded to the website.
- Business Careers House
- Fine Arts House
- Health Professions House
- Honors House
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) House
- Teacher Education and Certification House
- Foreign Language Residency Program (FLRP)
- ACES: Academic and Career Exploratory Scholars (formally the Exploring Majors House)
- Reserve Officer Training Corp Community (ROTC)
- Transfer House
- Green Living Community
- Leadership and Service Community*
- Interfaith Community*
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Ally Community (LGBTQA)*
- Second Year Experience Community (SYE)*
Special note: The CA Recruitment Process is fluid and subject to change throughout the process. If such changes are warranted, we will inform all candidates in advance so that they have enough time to prepare/adjust their schedules/commitments.