Join the CSEAS donor family
Since 1963, the Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at NIU has focused on Southeast Asia through academic programs, faculty research, and outreach initiatives. As a result:
- NIU is a leader in the teaching of Southeast Asian languages, offering five of the region's seven major languages and pioneering online language teaching through SEAsite
- Our teaching faculty are respected worldwide for their knowledge of the region’s history, politics, arts, and cultures
- Our students go on to successful careers in academia, government, foreign affairs, business and NGOs
- Our rich Southeast Asia library resources draw students and scholars from around the world.
With your support, we hope to build on these successes. Won't you join us? To make a gift online to CSEAS, go to the How to Give page on the NIU Foundation website and where indicated specify "Center for Southeast Asian Studies." For specific Southeast Asia endowments at NIU, specify the fund, followed by CSEAS.
- Dwight Y. King Endowment for the Center for Southeast Asian Studies: Awarded to international students pursuing an advanced degree involving substantial Indonesia research. This just-established fund is seeking an additional $15,000 to boost the scholarship amount awarded. Please consider making a gift on the late Dwight King's behalf.
- Donn V. Hart Memorial Fund (CU97360): Supports print and non-print material acquisitions for the Donn V. Hart Southeast Asia Collection at Founders Memorial Library
- Nancy and Thomas Roberts Endowment for Southeast Asian Studies Collection (CU97829): Provides financial support to augment NIU’s Southeast Asia library holdings and to acquire publications by Southeast Asian immigrants in the U.S. for the collection
- May Kyi Win Memorial Endowed Library Fund (EK97957): Provides financial support for programs related to the education of Burmese nationals in library disciplines to promote the acquisition and maintenance of scholarly materials sustaining Burmese culture as directed by the Center for Burma Studies
- The Clark and Arlene Neher Endowment for Southeast Asian Studies (LI97620): Provides academic-year fellowship to support tuition, fees, and research expenses for an NIU graduate student pursuing a degree with special emphasis on Southeast Asian Studies
- Thai Teaching and Research Endowment Fund (LI97873): Provides financial support for Thai teaching and research initiatives by students and faculty within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences through a generous donation by the Royal Thai Embassy
- Cambodian-American Scholarship Fund (LI95109): Provides financial support to Cambodian or Cambodian-American students pursuing studies at NIU
If your employer matches your charitable donations, please take a moment to also fill out that form and double your contribution. For more information about making these or other gifts to CSEAS, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-753-1771. We appreciate gifts of any size and thank you for your support.