Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- BA, English and Mathematics, Greenville College (1969)
- MA, Mathematics, University of Michigan (1974)
- PhD, Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan (1983)
Performance Measures for Quality Control Systems, Applied probability, Reliability Engineering, Computer Programming, Simulation, Decision Analysis, Queueing Models, Mathematical Programming, Engineering Economics, Statistical Quality Control , Integration of Engineering Design and Engineering Education
- Associate Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Northern Illinois University (1994-present)
- Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering, Northern Illinois University (1988-1994)
- Assistant Professor, Information and Decision Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago (1983-1988)
Professional Associations and Honors
Outstanding Faculty Advisor, NIU, 1999 and 2001.
- Bayesian monitoring to detect a shift in process mean, to appear in Quality and Reliability Engineering International, accepted 2007.
- Bayesian statistical process control, to appear in Quality Engineering, accepted 2007.
- On statistical process control design, Quality Management Journal 13(1), 43-57, 2006.
- Performance measures for X-bar charts with asymmetric control limits, Quality and Reliability Engineering International 22, 481-491, 2006.
- A practical framework to evaluate and select robots for assembly operations, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems 3(2), 151-167, 2004. (Omar Ghrayeb, Nipa Phojanamongkolkij, Richard Marcellus, Wayne Zhao)
- Performance measures for a single-change-point nonstationary control chart policy, IIE Transactions 35, 1111-1123, 2003.
- Operating characteristics of X-bar charts with asymmetric control limits, IIE Transactions 33, 1059-1069, 2001.
- Process control with learning, Operations Research 42(2), 323-336, 1994. (with Maqbool Dada)
• Interactive process quality improvement, Management Science 37(11), 1365-1376, 1991. (with Maqbool Dada)
- A Markov renewal approach to the Poisson disorder problem, Stochastic Models 6(2), 323-336, 1990.
- Policy structure for discrete time Markov chain disorder problems, European Journal of Operational Research 26(2), 286-294, 1986.
- (with Ba Pirojboot) Design of warranty policies to balance consumer and producer risks and benefits, chapter 27 in Product Warranty Handbook, edited by Wallace R. Blischke and D. N. P. Murthy, 1996.
- Bayesian monitoring to detect a change in occurrence rate, Industrial Engineering Research Conference Proceedings, 2006.
- Adaptive improvement of statistical process control design, Industrial Engineering Research Conference Proceedings, 2005.
- Assigning resources to obtain optimal sharing, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 2003 (with Dinakar Vinnakota).
- The Probabilitarium: a web-based learning environment for applied probability, ASEE Illinois/Indiana Sectional Conference Proceedings, 2001.
- Scheduling identical jobs on uniform parallel machines with random processing times, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 1998 (with Mohamed Dessouky and Li Zhang).
- Integrating engineering design and applied probability, ASEE Conference Proceedings, 1997.