Omar A. Ghrayeb
Associate Dean, Outreach and Undergraduate Programs
- M.S., New Mexico State University (1998)
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, New Mexico State University (2000)
- Production system design and optimization; Scheduling heuristics; Facilities layout and design; Applied operations research, Supply chain management.
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, NIU (2001-present);
- Department of Engineering Tech, Southwestern Oklahoma State University (2000-2001);
- Executive Manager, International Company for Plastic Industries (1994-1996),
- Project Engineer, CIC-Consulting Company (1993-1994).
Professional Associations and Honors
- IIE Senior Member
- Alpha Pi Mu, the Industrial Engineering Honor Society (since 1999)
- Outstanding Faculty Award, ISYE, NIU (selected twice)
- Students’ Choice Award, NIU, 2006.
- Ghrayeb, O., A Bi-Criteria Optimization: Minimizing the Integral Value and Spread of the Fuzzy Makespan of JSSPs, Special Issue on "Soft Computing in Manufacturing Enterprise Systems", Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 2, No. 3F, 2003, pp 197-210.
- Ghrayeb, O., Phojanamongkolkij, N., and Finch, P., A mathematical model and heuristic procedure to schedule printed circuit packs on sequencers. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 41, No.16, 2003, pp 3849-3860.
- Phojanamongkolkij, N., Grabenstetter, D., And Ghrayeb, O., Scheduling Jobs to improve weighted on-time performance of a single machine. SME Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2003, pp 148-156.
- Ghrayeb, O., Phojanamongkolkij, N., Marcellus, R., and Zhao, W., A Practical framework to evaluate and select robots for assembly operations. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems,Vol. 3, No. 2, 2004, pp 1-17.
- Ghrayeb, O. And Phojanamongkolkij, N., A study of optimizing the performance of Genetic Algorithms using Design of Experiments in job-shop scheduling application. International Journal of Industrial Engineering 12(1), 35-42, 2005.
- Phojanamongkolkij, N. And Ghrayeb, O., 2005, Batch size determination for wafer fabrication using Genetic Algorithms. Revista de Ingenieria Industrial (Journal of Industrial Engineering), Vol. 4, No. 1, pp 5-12.
- Many research projects funded by various industry agents Motorola, Caterpillar, Belvidere, Elgin Indutries, Wahl Clippers, Raynor, S&N, etc. The total funding is more than $150,000 from these projects.