M.S. (1995), Ph.D. (1997) in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Thin film deposition and characterization, Ionic conductors and transport, Batteries, Interface formation, Energy efficiency, Applications of nano-particle suspensions, and Chemical mechanical polishing.
- Faculty, Department of Technology, NIU (2008 – present)
- Senior Engineer, Gas Technology Institute (2007 - 2008)
- Senior Scientist, Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (1999 – 2007)
- Process Development Engineer, Motorola (1997-1999)
- “Effect of Surface Preparation and R-group Size on the Stabilization of Lithium Metal Anodes with Silanes,” S. Neuhold, D. Schroeder, J. Vaughey, Journal of Power Sources 206, 295-300, 2012.
- “Solution Based Synthesis and Characterization of Lithium-ion Conducting Ceramics for Lithium Metal Batteries,” B. Key, D. Schroeder, B. Ingram, and J. Vaughey, Chemistry of Materials 24 (2), 287-293, 2012.
- “Stabilization of Lithium Metal Anodes using Silane-based Coatings,” R. Thompson, D. Schroeder, C. Lopez, S. Neuhold, J. Vaughey, Electrochemical Communications 13 (12), 1369-1372, 2011.
- “Surface Roughness and Diametral Consistency of Holes Drilled into DDGS/Phenolic Blends,” J. Shanafield, A. Otieno, R. Tatara, D. Schroeder, and K. Rosentrater, Advances in Materials Science 11 (4), 22-34, 2011.
- “Design and Testing of a Low Cost Refreshable Braille Display Actuation Technology,” G. Bogda, B. Vishoot, C. Grider, and D. Schroeder, Journal of Engineering Technology Spring 2011.
- “Feasibility Analysis for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells as A Power Source for Railroad Road Locomotives,” D. Schroeder and P. Majumdar, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 35(20), 11308-11314, 2010.
- “Organic Rankine Cycle Working Fluid Considerations for Waste Heat to Power Applications,” D. Schroeder and N. Leslie, ASHRAE Transactions 116 (1), 525-534, 2010.
- "Hole Transport and Doping States in Epitaxial CuIn1-xGaxSe2," D. Schroeder, J. Hernandez, G. Berry, and A. Rockett, Journal of Applied Physics 83 (3), 1519-26, 1998.
- "Electronic Effects of Sodium in Epitaxial CuIn1- xGaxSe2," D. Schroeder and A. Rockett, Journal of Applied Physics 82 (10), 4982-5, 1997.
- "Ga Diffusion and Diffusivity in CuInSe2 Epitaxial Layers," D. Schroeder, G. Berry, and A. Rockett, Applied Physics Letters, 69 (26), 4068-70, 1996.
- 7,803,203 Compositions and methods for CMP of semiconductor materials, 2010, F. De Rege, S. Grumbine, P. Carter, S. Li, J. Zhang, D. Schroeder, and M.-S. Tsai.
- 7,754,098 Chemical-mechanical polishing composition and method for using the same, 2010, D. Schroeder and K. Moeggenborg.
- 7,485,241 Chemical-mechanical polishing composition and method for using the same, 2009, D. Schroeder and K. Moeggenborg.
- 7,365,013 System for the preferential removal of silicon oxide, 2008, B. Mueller, J. Chamberlain, and D. Schroeder.
- 7,238,618 System for the preferential removal of silicon oxide, 2007, B. Mueller, J. Chamberlain, and D. Schroeder.
- 7,091,604 Three dimensional integrated circuits, 2006, I. Wylie, H. Busta, D. Schroeder, J. Steckenrider, Y. Wang.
- 6,936,543 CMP method utilizing amphiphilic nonionic surfactants, 2005, D. Schroeder, K. Moeggenborg, H. Chou, J. Chamberlain, J. Hawkins, and P. Carter.
- 6,821,897 Method for copper CMP using polymeric complexing agents, 2004, D. Schroeder, P. Carter, J. Chamberlain, K. Miller, and I. Cherian.
- 6,726,534 Pre-equilibrium polishing method and system, 2004, G. Bogush, J. Chamberlain, P. Feeney, B. Mueller, D. Schroeder, and A. Walters.
- 6,612,911 Alkali metal-containing polishing system and method, 2003, P. Carter, G. Bogush, F. De Rege, J. Chamberlain, D. Schroeder, and B. Mueller.
Funded Research Projects
Integrated Laboratory Industrial Research Project, Argonne National Laboratory (2010 – present)
US DOE Railroad Efficiency (2008 – 2011)