Assistant Professor, Technology
M.S. (2001), Ph.D. (2006) in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Auburn University
Power Electronics; Renewable Energy; Switch Mode Power Supplies; Nonlinear Control; Digital Control; Embedded Systems; Digital Signal Processing.
- Department of Technology, NIU (2007-present)
- Department of Industrial Technology, University of Northern Iowa (2006-2007)
- System Engineer, Beijing HKD Computer Co. Ltd, Beijing, China (1998-1999)
- Associate Engineer, Bank of Beijing, Beijing, China (1997-1998)
Professional Associations and Honors
- IEEE Senior Member
- ASEE Member
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (Member)
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Student Scholarship (2005)
- Auburn University Graduate Research Fellowship (2002-2006)
- S. Oucheriah, and L. Guo, “PWM-Based Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for Boost DC-DC Converters”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (accepted)
- L. Guo, J. Y. Hung, and R. M. Nelms, “Design of a Fuzzy Controller using Variable Structure Approach for Applications to DC-DC Converters”, Electric Power System Research, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 104 – 109, Feb 2012.
- Yedavalli, K., Guo, L., and Zinger, D., “Simple Control System for a Switcher Locomotive Hybrid Fuel Cell Power System”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 2384 – 2390, Nov-Dec 2011.
- Guo, L., “Design and Implementation of a Two-Axis Sun Tracking Solar Power System”, Journal of Engineering Technology, pp. 34 – 39, Spring 2011
- Guo, L., Yedavalli, K., and Zinger, D., “Design and Modeling of Power System for a Fuel Cell Hybrid Switcher Locomotive”, Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 1406 – 1413, Feb 2011
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y., and Nelms, R. M., “Comparative Evaluation of Sliding Mode Fuzzy Controller and PID Controller for a Boost Converter”, Electric Power System Research, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 99 – 106, January 2011
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y., and Nelms, R. M., “Evaluation of DSP-Based PID and Fuzzy Controllers for DC-DC Converters”, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 2237 – 2248, June 2009
- Guo, L., “Implementation of Digital PID Controllers for DC-DC Converters Using Digital Signal Processors,” 2007 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, Chicago, IL, May 2007
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y. and Nelms, R. M., “Design and Implementation of Sliding Mode Fuzzy Controller for a Buck Converter,” 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Montreal, Canada, July 2006
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y. and Nelms, R. M., “Digital Implementation of Sliding Mode Fuzzy Controllers for Boost Converters,” 2006 Applied Power Electronics Conference, Dallas, TX, March 2006
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y. and Nelms, R. M., “Comparative Evaluation of Linear PID and Fuzzy Control for a Boost Converter,” The 31st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Raleigh, NC, Nov 2005
- Guo, L., Hung, J. Y. and Nelms, R. M., “Experimental Evaluation of a Fuzzy Controller Using a Parallel Integrator Structure for DC-DC Converters,” 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 2005
Principle investigator of projects on renewable energy and power electronics funded by the National Science Foundation, Argonne National Laboratory, and Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation.