Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering
M.S. (2002), Ph.D. (2004) in Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University
Computational electromagnetics; Electromagnetics; RF and Microwave circuits; Antennas and arrays; Chiral materials, Microwave Imaging.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, NIU (2007-present)
- Electrical Engineering Department, University of Mississippi (2004-2007)
- Sonnet Software, Inc. Liverpool, NY (2000-2004)
- Pamukbank, Software Development Department, Istanbul, Turkey (1997-2000).
Professional Associations and Honors
- Member of SigmaXi (2010-present)
- Member of Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) (2004-present)
- Member of IEEE (2000-present)
- Reneissance Scholarship Award (2000-2004)
- Veysel Demir and Atef Z. Elsherbeni, "Programming Finite-Difference Time-Domain for Graphics Processor Units Using Compute Unified Device Architecture," 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and CNC-USNC/URSI Radio Science Meeting, Toronto, ON Canada, July 11-17, 2010.
- Veysel Demir and Atef Z. Elsherbeni, "Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) Based Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) Implementation," Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 303-314, April 2010.
- Veysel Demir, "A Stacking Scheme to Improve the Efficiency of Finite-Difference Time-Domain Solutions on Graphics Processing Units," Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 323-330, April 2010.
- Atef Elsherbeni and Veysel Demir, "The Finite Difference Time Domain Method for Electromagnetics: with MATLAB Simulations," SciTech Publishing, 2009.
- V. Demir, A. Elsherbeni and E. Arvas, "FDTD formulation for dispersive chiral media using the Z transform method," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3374-3384, October 2005.
- Veysel Demir, Atef Elsherbeni, and Ercument Arvas, “FDTD formulation for dispersive chiral media using the Z transform method,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3374-3384,October, 2005.
- James C. Rautio, Veysel Demir, “Microstrip conductor loss models for electromagnetic analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 915-921, March, 2003.
- V. Demir, A. Z. Elsherbeni, D. Worasawate, and E. Arvas, “A graphical user interface (GUI) for plane wave scattering from a conducting, dielectric or a chiral sphere,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 94-99, October 2004.
- V. Demir, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, “A graphical user interface for calculation of reflection and transmission coefficients of a layered medium,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 113-119, February 2006.
- V. Demir, D. A. Elsherbeni, D. Kajfez, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, ”Efficient wideband power divider for planar antenna arrays,” Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 318-324, November 2006.
In- Silico and In-Vivo Design of Miniaturized Implantable Radio Frequency Systems.
Other Significant Projects/Interests
Finite Difference Time Domain Technique; Finite Difference Frequency Domain Technique; Method of Moments; Electromagnetic simulation of chiral materials; Interactions and visualization of electromagnetic waves with human body using the FDFD technique; Coplanar waveguide analysis and design; Microstrip and stripline circuits analysis and design; Microstrip antenna analysis and design; Wideband antenna array analysis and design.