The Corporate Scholars Program
An Investment in Your Company's Future
The Corporate Scholars Program is a partnership providing companies the opportunity to invest in the professional development of distinguished students. Our corporate partners provide financial assistance, mentorship, and real-world preparation for students with high GPAs and ACT scores. Accomplished students receiving these scholarships must maintain active working relationships with the partners as well as sustain personal growth.
Partnering corporations extend their brands on the NIU campus as well as prepare pipelines of students, priming them to fill engineering and engineering technology positions upon graduation or as interns.
How to Get Involved
Your company pledges $10,000, payable in $2,500 installments over four years for each student and program support of the college. In return, the sponsored student engages in paid internships and acts as an ambassador for the sponsoring corporation throughout the year.
Contact Todd Burns for more information at email@example.com or 815-753-1910.
Goals of the Corporate Scholars Program
- Encourage talented students to pursue careers in the engineeering and engineering technology fields
- Provide real world learning opportunities
- Extend access to a talented pool of students for recruitment purposes
- Create collobaration between academia and industry to keep costs low and meet workplace needs
- Link NIU's programs to corporate research, innovation, and economic development